Sunday, April 13, 2014

Preparing for the pitch

For the pitched, I decided to build it around the "goldilocks" method. In the intro I identify a problem that should be addressed in some way and can hopefully be solved in software. Then I describe similar software that are out there. I am careful to make a distinction that there are actually two different categories of software whose goal is to bring awareness to people about their impact on climate change. I note good and bad qualities about both, then point out how our software, while similar to both kinds of climate change related software, is very different in that it bring together the "best of both worlds". I plan to go into a bit of detail about what our software is and does and about the story that the software attempts the get the user involved in. After that, Justin will do a basic demo of the application, highlighting various features. We have rehearsed the pitch a few times so hopefully things will go relatively smooth on Monday.

I also hope that people will give us good constructive criticism so that we can make the application even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment