Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pitch Reaction

Overall, I felt my pitch went quite well. Some of the good things I took away from peoples reaction were mainly that I need to smooth it over a bit. One thing that I also received suggestions on was having some kind of visual aid to go along with my presentation. I absolutely agree with the general consensus on my pitch.

Some things I have planned to do in preparation for the next pitch is to continue practicing it and memorizing it so that I will come out more fluidly and genuinely. It seems to me that the most compelling speakers I have seen appear so comfortable in the situation almost casual but in a very professional way.

One other thing I definitely need to do is make slides that I can practice with someone on my team. This way people have something to follow more easily. I might start off with just black and white slides and some large bullet points that will be important for prospective investors to follow. This way, I can tighten up my pitch while adding a visual element other than the live demo. This will hopefully get people more receptive to my suggestions about why our app is awesome.

I plan to have some themed slides for the final pitch that way to but a nice polish on everything. I also thing that David and Justin have some good ideas about the live demo so that will also be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment