Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Final Presentations

The final presentation went over about how I was expecting, maybe even a little better. Aside from a minor hiccup in the beginning, everyone on the team nailed their part pretty solid. I was concerned that I would forget everything I was talking about at first but that pretty much went away entirely by the time I got on stage, and by Q and A, I felt pretty comfortable being up on stage. Having to present for such a seasoned group of people was pretty intimidating but the positive feed back they gave us at the end was a nice consolation prize.

Overall, I was impressed with every groups presentations. They were all fairly solid and everyone was professional the entire time. Everyone seemed to put a lot of time, effort and care into their projects and pitches which is always encouraging to see. This is especially nice considering I might have to work with some of them one day so it's nice knowing that pretty much everyone is professional and can work on a non-trivial project and have a product ready to ship at the end.

I was disappointed that we didn't win but I don't disagree at all with the judges' decisions at all. Mechanapp and VisualScheduler deserved to win so congratulations to them. In all, I would say that the projects were a success and everyone's pitch was well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment